Saturday, December 12, 2015

Fizzy Fuzzy Navel: A tradition I can get used to



This used to be enjoyed at my husband's parents' house during the holidays. They still serve it but for the last few years we started the tradition here in our own home. It caught on quite fast. Nothing like saying: "Fuzzy Navel?" to get a smile on your partner's face with a big "Sure!" or "Yes please!" I love the fizzy drink, the clinking of the ice cubes, the orange juice mingling with the peach Schnapps... :)

We enjoy it during the prepping weeks leading to Christmas and definitely enjoy it on Christmas morning with fresh coffee and Panettone.

You can google for the official recipe but this is how we do it.



Choose a glass of your choice. I'm not picky. Put in 6 ice cubes or less (only 3 were used in this one). Pour in 1 1/2 oz of peach schnapps. Okay I'll be honest, when I do it, I use 2 oz which fills this Elvis shot glass nicely (about 3 tablespoons). Add orange juice to about 1 1/2 inch below the border. Top it off with club soda (the fizzy part). One day I will have to try it with champagne. Stir, stir, stir. Then drizzle a capful of peach schnapps on the surface (don't stir). Personally, I love that last touch and miss it when it's not done.

Take your 80s drink and go sit somewhere quiet or lively. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment