Thursday, May 29, 2014

Day dreaming and berries

I'm now 44. Yep. It happened 4 days ago and went rather smoothly. It didn't hurt and I got spoiled! :) My guy (with the help of our girls), showered me with cool presents and baked me a pretty cake! He covered it up with whipped cream and decorated the top with fresh berries. In my books, nothing beats freshly whipped cream (mildly sweetened), with a hint of vanilla to caress some berries on a cake. Nothing! :) Not even chocolate. 

The ratio that works for me is about 1/2 cup of icing sugar dusted through a sieve in 2 cups of whipping cream (half way through the whipping), with about 1 tsp of vanilla. 2 cups of cream gives plenty to ice and fill a 2 layer cake of 8 or 9 inches, generously. I doubt Marc used as much but it was still perfect. It tasted like sweet nostalgia and summer promises of warmer weather and good times ahead. My little one eagerly helped me with the blowing. 

I guess they were afraid to create a torch of 44 candles so they only gave me 6. How sweet. :)




It was so nice to have all of my girls and my husband by my side with my future son in law and my father who visited for the day! XOXO He brought me some port, a cool easel that folds into a suitcase and bubbly! :)


He also treated me to a tasty, copious meal at a local restaurant which left me full for 2 days straight! The only thing I cared to eat  after, was the rest of unused berries on some banana muesli with cold milk and a drizzle of maple syrup to sweeten the deal. Then I took my cool bowl outside and soaked in the hot, hot sun, joined by my little one who nibbled contently on a corn chip like a squirrel.



Speaking of squirrel, this little guy was busy gnawing on a black walnut for a while. We all just sat there, watching each other and the clouds. Day dreaming...






Satisfying.




No comments:

Post a Comment